Flexible air ducts can be a challenge to clean, but nothing’s too hard for the pros at Clean Sweep Duct Cleaning. In fact, if you want to keep flexible ducts in shape and avoid permanent damage, then cleaning them is essential. Let’s have a quick glance at what flexible air ducts are and discuss a few cleaning considerations.
What are Flexible Air Ducts?
Older, conventional air ducts cannot bend or flex, which makes them less adaptable, but they’re easier to clean. Nowadays, many dryers have flexible air ducts that are convenient to install and manipulate. You can also find these in basements, partitioned away from plumbing fixtures, and the only drawback is they’re tricky to clean.
Flexible air ducts have two polyethylene protective liners (an inner and an outer) along with fiberglass insulation. There are several advantages to using this material for ventilation:
- It’s easy to assemble and position whichever direction you desire.
- It helps you get around other framework obstacles like electrical wiring, plumbing, and sensitive equipment.
- Flexible air ducts are pretty cost-effective as well.
How Do You Clean Flexible Air Ducts?
It is possible to clean flexible air ducts, and you shouldn’t neglect this important maintenance item if you want to avoid poor air quality and other irritations. The problem some folks encounter is that it’s very easy to damage the polyethylene material if you don’t know what you’re doing. A professional cleaning company, however, has plenty of specialized tools to clean any vent systems and avoid damages.
Why should you bother cleaning them?
- This is one of the best ways to reduce the number of pollutants and allergens floating around your living space.
- When we remove ventilation obstructions, you’ll gain much better airflow efficiency (and lower your utility costs).
- If your home struggles with foul odors, flexible air ducts may be the culprit. So, cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing them could eliminate most problems.
- In extreme scenarios, when air ducts go years without cleaning, you risk creating a fire hazard.
As usual, with difficult service tasks, you don’t have to “DIY” anything when you can make a quick call to Clean Sweep Duct Cleaning. We can handle any residential or commercial ventilation system. Our services include both cleaning and extra sanitizing, so you enjoy the extra peace of mind knowing your ducts and vents are free from obstruction and hazardous microorganisms.
Contact us anytime to schedule services or ask about flexible air ducts at 941-371-3862 in Sarasota.