Having a dryer is convenient, but it is also one of the highest electric exhaustion appliances in your home. That’s why you want to be sure to have it cleaned out at least once a year. Dryers can cause fires if they are not cleaned due to blockage of airflow caused by an excessive amount of lint. Some of the ways to ensure your dryer is safe and working at its optimal level include all of the following:
- Be sure that your dryer vents are installed by an experienced technician.
- Make sure the right outlet is connected to your dryer and that it’s connected correctly.
- Clean out the exhaust duct regularly before lint accumulates and restricts airflow.
- Make sure that you clean out the lint trap in the dryer before and after every load.
- Discard dryer sheets because they can collect a waxy coating on the screen lint and prevent air from circulating properly.
- Use dryer balls, tennis balls, or wool balls to help speed up drying time.
- Don’t put wool sweaters inside your dryer because the dryer might break down the wool fibers and shrink the sweater.
- Don’t use duct tape to connect venting materials because over time it can cause gaps in the joints of the vent.